"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Thursday, November 5, 2015

X's and O's

Long time no see on this little piece of blog land. I always say I'm going to try to do better but other things seem to get in the way at times.  I really miss kids when they age out of my class and go on to the next level of classes.  These two still come sit with me during worship and I just love it.
I always try to keep little booklets in my Bible to keep kids occupied when they sit with me.  I sometimes get to keep the little treasures that they make and I have quite a collection from them.  They're so creative and sometimes just plain funny! So, last night "P" and "B" were sitting with me, drawing in their books.  "P" was, in his words, "making part 2 of the monsters take over the world" story he made for me a while back.  He is SO meticulous in his drawings and he's really talented!  He spent the whole time last night just designing the cover of his book. "B" was making a get well card for her MeMa who was home not feeling well.  Her books are usually for people she loves and she puts a lot of love in whatever she's drawing for them.  On one page of her book last night she'd drawn a picture of MeMa in bed, one page had a balloon bouquet, and one was filled from top to bottom with X's and O's.
"P" happened to glance over at what she was drawing.  He saw the X's and O's and said, "What's that all about?  Ox, ox, ox, ox,ox?"  I almost had to get up and go out to the nursery since I got so tickled!!  "B" looked up at me with a disgusted look and said, "Tell him what it means."   So, I did, but I'm not sure he believed me.  It still looked like something about a lot of oxen to him.
They really are precious in His sight! And in mine too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment