"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 23, 2015

We Ought To Obey

It was just me and "P" in Bible Class today but we still had a good time of learning about obeying.  Our story was one of Jesus' teachings in Matthew 21 about the father who had two sons and told them each to go work in the vineyard.  One obeyed  after first telling his father that he would not go to work.  The other son said that he would go to work in the vineyard but then did not go.
We talked about which son really obeyed and did as he was told by his father.   "P" said that she liked to help water the plants at home after we talked about what the sons in the story might have been doing in the vineyard.
I used other examples of how we obey our parents.  I said, "When momma says to come  eat your supper, you should say, "Yes, ma'am." and then obey her."  She agreed.  Then I said, "When momma says it's time to take a bath, you should say, "Yes, ma'am" and then obey her." She again agreed that is the right thing to do. Next, I said, "When momma says it's time for you to clean your room and pick up your toys, you should say, "Yes, ma'am, and then clean up your room."  She wrinkled up her little nose, frowned and said, "Cleaning up my room makes my tummy hurt."  I thought to myself-Me too, sister!  She wasn't going to be a part of that if she can help it!
The Peter and the other apostles answered, We ought to obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29

No comments:

Post a Comment