"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Happy Birthday To Me!

Last weekend Allan and I celebrated our birthdays with  a party at Roma's with our church friends.  We have a great group of friends that turn out to celebrate each other's birthdays and we always have such a fun time!
So, on Sunday morning, one of my little girls mentioned that it was my birthday.  I told her that yes, my birthday was on Saturday.  She asked, 'Miss Cheryl, just how old are you?"  I said, "I'm 35 (Ok, we all know  that I'm not 35)." She looked at me with these huge brown eyes and said, "35???? Oh my goodness!  You're going to be dead soon!!"  Out of the mouths of babes!  I'm glad I didn't tell her my real age!  No telling what she would have thought or said then!  I can remember when I was a child and thinking that most adults were really really old, so I know where she's coming from.  Still, it made me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment