"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Acts of Worship

Last Sunday morning, one of my little girls got to class kind of early and I wasn't quite ready ok, I really wasn't as prepared as I should have been.  I was scurrying around trying to get things set up for Jesus to walk on the water.  She asked me if she could look at this picture wheel that shows all the acts of worship.  I said ok and told her to tell me about each one.
She said, "We come to church to learn."  I said, "Yes, we do.  We learn in Bible Class and in worship when the preacher is teaching us."  "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."  Acts 20:7
She turned to the next picture and said, "We sing."  Again, I said, "Yes and even the children can sing in worship to God."  "Speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to God." Ephesians 5:19
She continued on, saying, "We pray at church."  I said, "Yes, we do and the children can pray too."  I ALWAYS stress to them about how to act, QUIET, during the prayers in our worship time.  "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer..."  Acts 1:14
Next, she said, "And we put money in the plate."  Once again, I agreed we should all put money in the collection plate.  "On the first day of every week, each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.  I Corinthians 16:2
THEN, she came to the last picture on the wheel and said, "Oh, and there's crackers and grape juice."  I said, 'Yes, and is it for the children?"  She said, "No".  I went on to say, " It's for the grown-ups that are Christians."  She said, "Yeah, cos us kids have to bring our own snacks."  CRACKED ME UP!!  She seemed to think that this really was snack time for the grown-ups!  When I eat a snack, I for sure want more than a pinch of cracker and a swallow of grape juice!  She asked if she go through the wheel again, and I said, "Yes".  She gave about the same answers but when she came to the last picture, she said, "This is only for the Pilgrims."  Again, I laughed!  She knew it was for some group of people!  "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he come."  I Corinthians 11:26

No comments:

Post a Comment