"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Man With The Rotten Feet

Last Sunday I had a group of five little girls in Bible Class.  After we got through checking out everyone's dresses, shoes, nails, and hair, I got them settled down to start class.  We always begin class with the 
B-I-B-L-E song so afterwards, they know to settle down and listen to me tell the story.  
This week's story was about the crippled man who was brought to Paul & Barnabas for healing. 
I talked at first about what being crippled meant.  "A" kept saying that if you couldn't walk, you had to use a "crowch".  I corrected her by saying it is a crutch.  She got up to get the little crutch I have in class and said, "This is a "crowch" and my sister hurt her foot and had to use one."  I don't know how many times the word crutch was used by me and some of the other kids, but to her, it was still a "crowch"!  She was very interested in my visual aids, especially the one with the crippled man laying on his mat.  Whenever I said he was crippled, she would say that his feet looked rotten!  I said that they weren't rotten, but just didn't look right or work like other people's feet worked.  Over and over she kept saying, "They're rotten.  They look rotten. I think they're rotten."   Well...alrighty then!  There was no changing her mind..on anything!  I imagine she went home saying that a man had to use a "crowch" because he had rotten feet!  
These girls LOVE to color!  
At the end of class, we were getting ready to pray and I asked if one of them wanted to say the prayer.  One little girl said that she would say the prayer.  
She prayed, "Dear God, thank you for everything you give us.  Please be with us when our family goes through hard times. In Jesus name, Amen."  Oh. My. Goodness.  I'm not at liberty to tell what is going on in her family but this little prayer brought tears to my eyes and I could hardly talk for a minute after she finished. I'm so proud of her for knowing that she can talk to God about anything and I hope that's a comfort to her during her hard times.

"...and all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  Matthew 21:22

No comments:

Post a Comment