"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Camel With Three Humps

Happy Daylight Savings Time!  Although I hate losing an hour of my precious sleep time, I do LOVE the longer days with more daylight at the end of the day rather than the beginning.  At church this morning, I guess everyone remembered to set their clocks forward because we didn't have any late comers, as we usually do!  
Two of my darling girls showed up bright and early for class.  They just can't wait for class to get started.  "B" immediately grabbed a Bible and asked if we were still in Acts for today's lesson.  I didn't even have my things out and ready and here she is wanting to know where to open her little Bible to.   
Our lesson was about the new Christians in Antioch helping Paul & Barnabas prepare to leave on an important job.  I asked if they had jobs at home to do.  Both of them started saying things like folding clothes and putting them away, cleaning up their room and also picking up sticks to put on the brush pile.  Since we had such a terrible ice storm earlier in the winter, there are plenty of sticks to clean out of yards.  Anyway, while they were talking about cleaning their rooms, "B" said that her room is always clean and that she likes a clean room.  "A" said that she cleans her room, too.  "B" looked at me with a funny look on her face and said, "No, she doesn't clean her room.  It is so messy that you can't walk across the floor without tripping over stuff."  "A" had an "uh-oh" look on her face as if she'd been caught! 
The Bible story went on with the Christians fasting, praying and laying on hands as Paul & Barnabas got ready to leave on their journey.  The girls didn't quite understand the idea of fasting because "if you're hungry, you just need to eat something".  I stressed to them that Paul & Barnabas could only take a few things with them as they traveled.  I asked them if they remembered how the people in the Bible days did their traveling.  "B" said, "They walked and rode on donkeys and horses."  I asked, "What about when they came to water?  What did they do then?"  She answered, "They rode in a boat.  OH, and they also rode on camels."
  I agreed with all of her answers.  She then added, "If they had a camel with three humps, then Paul can ride on one hump, Barnabas could ride on the next hump and they could just hang their bags on the third hump."  She thought she had the solution for sure!  I cracked up!  It's just too hard to keep a straight face sometimes.
We made praying hands and they were to draw things that they should pray for.  It's always interesting to see what is really on their little minds.
"B" drew a variety of things-home, her daddy, food, sunshine.  "A" drew only people and expected us to identify each one she drew...haha  It took us a while to come up with the right names since everyone looked alike!

"And when they had fasted and prayed and laid their hands on the, they sent them away."  Acts 13:3



1 comment:

  1. I love that activity! I'll be borrowing that for my Bible class :-)

    ReplyDelete