"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Let's Get Out Of Here!"

We had a great Bible class Sunday!  I had three precious little girls that came.  Our story was about Peter being in jail and his group of friends at a house who were praying for him.  When I told that the friends were praying for him, "B" said, "You can even pray at school."  I  said, "Yes, you can.  You can pray at home at mealtimes and bedtime, in the car while on a trip, while outside playing and riding your bike."  She interrupted me to say, "Nooooo!  You can't pray when you're riding a bike because you can't see where you're going!"  Made me laugh!!  I said, "Well, sure you can pray when you ride your bike!  Just keep your eyes open and pray!"  "A" said, "You have to pay attention when you're riding your bike cos you might have a wreck."  They are just too funny!

I continued on with the story about how Peter was chained up between two guards so that he couldn't get away.  I told about the angel coming to wake him up, telling Peter to get dressed and follow him.  They retold the story by saying, "The angel from God snuck in the jail and woke Peter up.  The angel told Peter, "Put your clothes on! Put your shoes on!  LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"  Once again, I cannot keep a straight face!  OK, so maybe that's not quite how it was put to Peter, but it's how they perceived it. 
The story continues with the angel disappearing and Peter deciding he hadn't actually dreamed this but that it HAD happened and he was a free man.  He then went on to Mary's house where his friends were praying for him.  The servant girl, Rhoda, heard a knock at the door, heard a voice and recognized it as Peter's.  Then, in her excitement, she ran to tell the others and FORGOT to let Peter in!  My girlies thought that was so funny!  Several times throughout the rest of the class, they kept saying, "This is my favorite story EVER!"  This is one story that I hope will impress them about the power of prayer and how important it is for each of us to pray for each other.

"...Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me"-Acts 12:8

No comments:

Post a Comment