"Children are a gift from the Lord."
-Psalm 127:3

About Me

My photo
I live in small town, Oklahoma, with my wonderful hubby. I am a mother of two grown children, three cats, and a dog. I am a member of the Church of Christ, and I work as the secretary for our church.

My Family

My Family

Monday, May 5, 2014

Warnings!

We had a beautiful Sunday here in SE Oklahoma yesterday.  I love this spring weather!  We got to church and soon after, my kids began to trickle in to Bible Class.  After singing "Jesus Loves Me" and "The B-I-B-L-E", I began the story.  Over the last few months, we've learned about the Apostle Paul and how he suffered many trials and persecutions while teaching about Jesus and God.  In our story today, the Prophet Agabus was giving Paul a warning since Paul was about to leave the area and head to another town to teach and preach.  I gave a few examples of what 'warning' meant by saying that when a parent says to not play in the road that they're being warned about the dangers of doing that because they could get really hurt.  They began to give examples of warnings of their own.  "P" said rather emphatically, "You should NEVER go near any guy that is wearing a skeleton mask cos he's a bad guy." Well, I had to laugh.  I just couldn't help it.  He continued, "On NCIS they ALWAYS have bad guys on there with skeleton masks, so just NEVER go near one if you see one."  Just to see what he would say, I asked, "Well, what about at Halloween when people are dressed up wearing costumes?"  He said, "No, you still should stay away from him because he's probably bad.  On NCIS and CSI, they're always the bad guys."  Too, too funny! But a good warning though...I guess!
"P" with his Agabus puppet
One of my girls gave a couple of "warnings" too.  She said, "Since I was two weeks I've known how to do a lot of things, like eat like this." She proceeded to act out eating with her mouth closed.  She then said, "You should always chew with your mouth closed so no crumbs can pop out of your mouth."  I agree that this is good advice but a warning? haha  Then she said, "Whenever there is a tornado or bad storm, you need to get close to your momma.  Get close to your momma and get in a closet with a sheet over your head." She's so serious with her advice/warnings.
I think my cover was blown today:(  Since I've started this blog, I've kept either my phone or some paper next to me while I'm teaching so that I can quickly jot down the things the kids say so I don't forget it.  Several times they've asked me what I was writing and I just usually say that I'm writing myself a note.  Well, today I jotted these stories down, tore the paper off of the notepad and began to fold it to put in my purse.  "P" looked at me with a little sly grin and said, "So, where's your list?"  I said, "What list are you talking about?"  He grinned and said, "The list where you write down the funny things I say."  CRACKED ME UP!  I just laughed and continued to put the paper away in my purse.
I finally got to where I could finish the story.  After hearing all of Agabus' warnings, the people cried and begged Paul to not go.  They didn't want to hear of him getting hurt or killed.  Paul told the crowd to stop the crying and begging him to stay.  He was going to go anyway and he wasn't afraid.  God had taken care of him through his other troubles and He would take care of him if anything else bad happened.  The people stopped their crying and accepted that God's will would be done.

And since he would not be persuaded, we fell silent, remarking, "The will of the Lord be done!"-Acts 21:14

No comments:

Post a Comment